The company secretary is required to ensure that the company is in compliance with the Companies Acts requirements. These include:
• Change of directors, company secretary, auditors and transfer of shares between shareholders, etc.
• Preparation and submission of the Annual Returns
• Preparing and filing of documents (directors’ resolution, minutes of the general meeting ) and update of changes to ACRA
• Maintaining the register of directors, company secretary, auditors, shareholders and charges
• Issuing share certificates, recording transfers of shares and allotment of shares
• Maintaining the register of members and debenture holders